just hanging out

the3ofus+oursixchicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
alabama
this
87967_chickens_013.jpg
is petunia my barred rock. its raining here in north alabama and the girls are hanging out on the front poarch. she hates not being able to look for bugs. she tries and gets all wet then comes back. she is already laying. this is daisey and rosey. they dont mind not hunting for b
87967_chickens_020.jpg
ugs. they are not laying yet.
87967_chickens_006.jpg

Nothing say country more than napping on the porch during a rain. Nice photos!

BEAUTIFUL birds.

Question, do your BO and BR's get along really well?

I have three hens and the JG and EE are tight. That leaves my BO kind of the odd one out. They accept her and she's part of the pack, but I often find her foraging by herself and the other two are always together.

I am just waiting for my BO to go broody and then I'll get her a chick or two to raise. I REALLY want a BR. But I've also read that BO's love a buddy that looks like them so I'm torn as to what to get. I really just want to get one more as I'm very limited on space.

I have to say, I'm partial to Buff Orpingtons. They are what I have. Your girls there are really pretty. It was raining all day yesterday here where I live, and my girls were like little ducks out there. They seemed to really enjoy it. It was really funny to watch them shake and shake like a dog when they got too wet.

~Kelly~
My Country Chronicles Blog

Quote:
yes they are all buddies but there is a leader in them and a low lady on the todem pole. daisey and rosey the BO do hang together more but they are usually all together. petunia the barred she will take out on her own to look for bugs and stuff. rosey the BO with the biggest comb is the dominant one. petunia the BR is the middle lady and daisey the BO with the smaller comb is at the bottom. they dont peck at each other much. they get along most all the time. rosey is the one that wants to hug up around your neck and chill for a while. petunia likes to be held but not as much she is such a sweet hen. she doesnt hardly move any at all when you have to pick her up she is a very good hen rosey is too. but you were asking bout B rock she is a really sweet hen. daisey used to be sweet and still is at times but she has a little attitude and wants to peck people. petunia the B rock is laying the B orpingtons arent yet. they are all the same age. but yes they get along very well. they lay together and hang out and just have a good time. but you know that pecking order thing is there with all chickens. i recommend getting a B rock i love her! i love them all.

Back
Top Bottom