just hatched chicks Question

chump

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
Indiana
We set eggs to hatch in our incubator on Feb. 14. We went to pull egg turner out and there were 2 baby chicks already hatched!!! Thank god they weren't injured. Lokkd like they hadn't been there long. Were still wet completely both of them. We took egg turners out of course and left chicks in bator. This is our first hatch and I was wondering if anyone could tell me wen its ok to pull hatched chicks out and put in brooder we have prepared for them. And do we leave egg shells from hatched chicks in with eggs trying to hatch? We know they don't eat and drink for approx. 42 hrs. Do we have to wait just until they dry or wat? Any help from anyone who's done this b4 wod b more than welcomed.

You can take the already hatched chicks out of the incubator

once they're dry and fluffy. You can also take the bigger egg shells out,

but don't worry about the little peices, as you dont want to

have the lid of the incubator open long with all the others

trying to hatch.
wink.png
It's not recommended to open the lid at

all during 'lockdown' but I do, just for a second to remove the dry,

fluffy chicks, and never have problems.

Last edited:
We leave them in the bator until they are "dry" then move them out. Also, we remove the shells after hatch so there is more room for those to come. 3 days before hatch time we remove the turner.

We had 15 chicks we've had for 2 weeks in big plastic tub next to closet with bator in it and they were unnaturally loud and restless round the time they were hatched and they kept flying out of tub and goin toward closet. Think they could hear them peepin b4 us. We probly didn't hear them cause they were makin so much noise

We had 15 chicks we've had for 2 weeks in big plastic tub next to closet with bator in it and they were unnaturally loud and restless round the time they were hatched and they kept flying out of tub and goin toward closet. Think they could hear them peepin b4 us. We probly didn't hear them cause they were makin so much noise

Back
Top Bottom