just hatched egg

shop1963

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 11, 2009
I am new to newborn chicks.I have one in the incubator that hatched at 8;30 am.If I put it in a fish tank what size bulb should I use?

Quote:
DON'T TAKE IT OUT if you have more eggs in the bator you will make your humdity go down and you could loose the rest of your hatch.

When you think they are all done and you get them out I use a 100 w bulb. Just make sure the temp in the tank is around 95.

The chick can stay in the bator for up to 48 hours. Good luck How many do you have in the bator?

Sorry I just saw this was your first post.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I have 2 left unhatched.I do have 13 chickens but got them when they where about 2weeks and older.I have 4 chickens that have been laying.But never hatched any.How long should it stay in the incubator?This was my first post read them all the time though.

once hatched chicks can stay in 48hrs without you feeding them...they soaked up the yolk into there body and this keeps them feed.

Leaving chicks in the bator are like having cheer leaders calling the others to hatch..and also keep the warmth and humidity for the eggs left to hatch.

Quote:
I don't see if you said when the hatch date is. I wait an extra 3 days for them after the hatch date. Some people wait until day 25 because if your temp went down at all it could mean they may come a little late.

Keep us updated, I hope you get one more at least so your little one is not alone.
fl.gif

The Hatch date was Wednesday and one was born Friday at after 8;30am.Can you take them to hold them at all?Thanks for all your help.I just love mt chickens

so it's been 2 days late now?

if so, give them 1 more day and after that, make candling test, if you see something moving keep the egg inside the bator and keep humidity high, if not moving, make a sniff test, if you smell bad odor, throw it at once, if not odor and no moving, you need to open it to see or you can throw it away.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom