Just Hatched Out Buttons - Anything I Should Know? (PICS UP)

devin0

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Fogo Island, NL
Hi I hatched out 13 button quails and 3 common quails a couple of days ago. I was wondering if there is any special treatment needed to raise them up. And what are button quail usually bred for, because we are using them for breeding and meat. Is breeding them for meat worth it? I have two lavender-colored ones, a lot of striped ones, and one or two black and white ones. What colors will they be when they grow up? I would like to learn as much information as possible. Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
BY BUTTONS YOU MEAN CHINESE BLUE BREASTED QUAIL?
AND BY COMMON QUAIL YOU MEAN COTURNIX QUAIL OR JAPONESE QUAIL?

Last edited:
^ I'm not sure about the "button quails", I guess they are chinese if they are the domesticated variety.
As for the common quails, they are coturnix

Last edited:
Buttons Are Pretty Much Buttons No Matter What You Call Them
smile.png

The Coturnix Are Your Meat And Egg Producers. Buttons Are Pretty Much Eye Candy And Cat Toys That Do Not Need Batteries,,, Albeit Cute, They're Just Too Small To Do Anything With Food Wise.

A Good Basic Education On Coturnix Can Be Had Here At The Top Of The Section-- Click On The Sticky Post And Look For The String "coturnix Quail Basics" It Covers Alot Of Ground With Coturnix

There's a button thread talking about what they can be used for on this page and they mostly are bred for eye candy. They are about the size of a finch, small, very small. They lay eggs, small, very small. They are cute and pretty and very small.

Ok, so you may want to order some Coturnix quail for Meat. Check out the Buy,Sell,Trade section of BYC and see who has them for sale, there are a few people here that are still breeding/selling this time of year.

I do know that the Buttons should be caged 1M/1F so prepare 6 cages at any rate. The Reg quail, ??? which one Coturnix (Meat and Egg), Bobwhite (Meat), something else? If you don't know, we need pics to properly identify.

Identifying colors> These guys need pictures. We are baby quail aholics. We always need pictures, I kid you not. (It really does help as there are several striped ones that are different colors. I know what your black and whites are but am holding out for pics.

pop.gif
caf.gif
pop.gif

Well this is a double thread. lets let the other die.

Basically I said the same as above. Put I added we want pics.
To help you identify we need pics. We are quail baby aholics and we really need pics. I know people are hatching today and no body is showing us pics.

I don;t have Buttons but I know what your black and whites are and I'm not telling. The stripe ones could be several different colors. They need pics to identify. You need to build 6 cages for the buttons (that you probably don't really want). But they are eye candy and they do lay eggs (small), and those little lavenders, ohhhh, you won't be giving them up.

There I gave you a few tips. For a reward, I would like pics.
pop.gif
Please don't say your camera is broke. No one is showing babies tonight. Mine are 2 weeks old and aren't really babies anymore and we are quail baby aholics.

edited again and again - OK, where in the world is NL, are you in Canada? Ah, yes. Threw me with the NL - New Foundland Labrador, Canada.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom