Just Hatched Yesterday, Serama chicks straight from the incubator ;)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nekhebet, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Nekhebet

Nekhebet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Erie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    13/13 eggs out of Lockdown... aren't they cute?

*the one looks freaky because he still has a bunch of membrane attached, we're trying to figure out how to get it off without hurting him*

2. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    They are super cute!!
    I love the top little reddish one, I never seem to get that color!
    Best of luck with your new babies!

3. MikeS(erama)

MikeS(erama) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Massachussetts
    Awww I miss hatching these little guys! Half the fun is not knowing what colors you'll end up with! I can't wait until my little ones grow up and I have a breeding pair again! BTW how was your hatch rate? For me these guys are the hardest thing to hatch. My last set from my Serama hen that passed away was something like 5 out of 12 hatched. Most died either partially developed or almost fully developed. That Serama lethal gene is an evil evil thing!

4. Nekhebet

Nekhebet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Erie
    MikeS(erama) :

Awww I miss hatching these little guys! Half the fun is not knowing what colors you'll end up with! I can't wait until my little ones grow up and I have a breeding pair again! BTW how was your hatch rate? For me these guys are the hardest thing to hatch. My last set from my Serama hen that passed away was something like 5 out of 12 hatched. Most died either partially developed or almost fully developed. That Serama lethal gene is an evil evil thing!

21 eggs shipped from eBay. 7 candled clear. One late quitter, but all that made it to lockdown, 13 unless my math is off--hatched.

I got two or three reddish chicks a black, and a bunch of light ones.
    It's great!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by