1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just hatched

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mpranger, Nov 22, 2012.

1. mpranger

mpranger New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    With the cool of the season my wife Ruth & I are moving in a few weeks to a farmhouse in Georgia. It is in a rather remote location and sits on an acre adjacent to a paved road. It has a small barn on it and it was my thought that perhaps attaching a small coop to it would allow the wife and I to harvest a few eggs over a few day. We don't use eggs every day. Having a few chickens is just one way to have some friendly critters around that give the both of us something to do daily. I found this website on Goggle and thought it was great that those who keep chickens learning from each other. I figure over the next month we can learn a hospitable breed, choose and begin to make some decisions about what type and how many will fit our wishes.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. You're in the right place to learn all about chickens. Good luck with the move :thumbsup

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Have a look round the Coops for ideas. We have some very creative members here! Enjoy your chicken adventure!

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. dam danny

dam danny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    [​IMG]what part of ga are you living in

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! BYC is an awesome site to learn! Good luck to you!

8. Courtney R

Courtney R Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2012
    Florida
    Thats kool, my daddy lives in Georgia and down the street in the wood is a barn and abanded houses, some ppl kept horses out there and police ppl wood train police doggs out there. But now its deserted and the deer r everywhere. hope u hav a great time w/ ur farm. and Welcome 2 BYC :))))

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

10. silkieluver50

silkieluver50 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by