Just how loud is a serama roosters crow?

Mandrogora

Songster
5 Years
Jun 28, 2018
NW Montana
We're considering getting some silked seramas this spring. They are sold as straight run only and I am wondering just how loud a roo would be? We're on three acres in a rural wooded area but with neighbors around. Would these lil' fellas bother my neighbors? I already have noisy egg singing hens and quacking ducks that don't cause any issues.

It depends on the rooster. I have 5 serama roosters and they tend to have crows that are higher pitched than standard breeds, but its still one you can hear on a quiet street.

I don't have serama, but i do have some d'uccle. They can be loud when when they are crowing right next to you, but the further away you get the less loud obviously. I think the question you need to ask is if any of your neighbors dislike the sound of crowing roosters. I personally don't mind it but others may not like it.

It shouldn't be too loud. If necessary you can put up sound barriers like solid fences to tone it down. Hopefully someone with serama will answer.

We're considering getting some silked seramas this spring. They are sold as straight run only and I am wondering just how loud a roo would be? We're on three acres in a rural wooded area but with neighbors around. Would these lil' fellas bother my neighbors? I already have noisy egg singing hens and quacking ducks that don't cause any issues.
If ducks aren't an issue, roosters shouldn't be either. Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference in volume between my bantam and standard males, only a difference in pitch.

To answer your question as chicken mom to seven serama roos- just as loud. A bit higher pitched but if anything it is more annoying and able to be heard better than standard roo crows ...
But who knows, perhaps I just have seven loudmouths.
Listen to end of video for very common (what I call) serama monkey noises. There’s a tiny dose of the very common- very loud noise all serama roosters I ever met make all day. I think it’s worse than crowing if you have neighbors. Thankfully I don’t.

Back
Top Bottom