Just in time for Christmas - I hurt my knee

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Dec 21, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I posted about the chaos of trying to give my rooster a bath, without putting the dog in his crate first [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=277816

I didn't realize until it was all said and done, but I seriously messed up my knee in the process. I got the bath mess cleaned up, sat down for a few minutes, and when I stood back up something went *pop* and won't pop back. It hurts!

We're celebrating Christmas tomorrow. This should be interesting. I tried a cane, but I am less than graceful with one.

2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Kiki is not happy that you are going to be slow with the food now!!

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:KiKi is at the point of not caring. I gave her the pawbreaker (a catnip ball) we bought her for Christmas early. She's zoned out.

4. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Ha!! You have drugged Kiki. Well it's probably for the best since you'll be slow to bring the food now.

Hope your knee gets better soon!

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    you know what happens when you drug the kitties, don't you?

They wait until you are relaxed and comfortable and under the covers and then they wait for your feet to twitch...

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I hope Kiki don't get the munchies now...

[​IMG] for your knee - didn't you already belong to "the clutzy stupid injury club?" or is that someone else on BYC?

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm a founding member of the clutzy stupid injury club. [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    or I think EVERY ONE on byc. [​IMG]

I'm pretty good at hurting myself on accident.

9. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:I'm a founding member of the clutzy stupid injury club. [​IMG]

I think I may be subscribing to your newsletter. A couple years ago I zigged when I should have zagged in the yard and wrenched my knee. It felt like it had to "pop" and would be fine, but it wouldn't "pop" so I couldn't walk on it at all. I ended up having to go to the ER where they said my kneecap had slipped out of its track due to weak leg muscles. There was nothing they could do about it. The only thing that worked was to rest it as much as possible and let the kneecap slip back into its track. It went back to normal in about 3 days. It is a common injury in women especially as we age.

I hope yours is as simple to fix as mine was. Have a restful holiday. You have a good excuse. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That's exactly how it feels. In fact, I told DH "if it would just pop, it would feel better". Somethings kinda over to the right when it should be in the middle. I hate getting old.
    The critters, all young and in their prime, are having fun playing let's trip mama while she's walking funny. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by