Just Installed The Add A Motor Coop Door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by goldtopper, May 14, 2011.

1. goldtopper

goldtopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    Easy as pie. I just screwed the plate on above the door, attached the motor, attached the line to the door, adjusted the raising and lowering height and viola, done! 15 minutes.
    I put it on a timer that shuts on/off at 6:30 and 6:35 am, and on/off 9:00 and 9:05 pm.
    If a ninny like me can do this, you can too!

1 person likes this.
  2. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    is there a website for this door? more info please [​IMG] this sounds great!

3. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    need pics! what brand did you use?

4. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
  5. goldtopper

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    Quote:That's the one I used. It was like $90. I just put it on my existing guillotine-style pop door. They recommend putting it inside, but since my coop is an A Frame, it was easier to do it on the outside. I just cut and old plastic jug's back out and made a weatherproof housing. Got the timer at Fleet Farm for $9.
    Honestly, it was so easy, I didn't even need my brainiac son's help!

6. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  7. goldtopper

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    Quote:Yeah, I guess that's where I got it too. Shipping pushed to to $90 I think.

8. brandislee

brandislee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Southern Minnesota
    Can this be used with other door styles?

9. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:Check out their website. It'll tell you everything you need to know. If it doesn't, call them. They are VERY nice. I had called them once, and they were very helpful.

10. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I ordered one from them and a 12 volt battery (for when we loose power due to storms) but I didn't want to go to expense of solar. I emailed them when it arrived and the battery didn't have a AC to DC charger or a place to plug one in. I asked them 'how do I charge this battery and can I use a regular 12volt charger to charge it and if so, how long should I charge it?' They didn't have any answers for me and said I could return the battery. The return shipping would cost almost what I paid for it.
    I when to auto part store and was told to only charge it for 2 hrs. I got small jumper clips and plan to put them on a old cell phone charger plug and see if that works. Has anybody tried that???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by