Just Installed The Add A Motor Coop Door

goldtopper

Songster
9 Years
Oct 15, 2010
Near Bert Blyleven
Easy as pie. I just screwed the plate on above the door, attached the motor, attached the line to the door, adjusted the raising and lowering height and viola, done! 15 minutes.
I put it on a timer that shuts on/off at 6:30 and 6:35 am, and on/off 9:00 and 9:05 pm.
If a ninny like me can do this, you can too!

is there a website for this door? more info please
smile.png
this sounds great!

Quote:
That's the one I used. It was like $90. I just put it on my existing guillotine-style pop door. They recommend putting it inside, but since my coop is an A Frame, it was easier to do it on the outside. I just cut and old plastic jug's back out and made a weatherproof housing. Got the timer at Fleet Farm for $9.
Honestly, it was so easy, I didn't even need my brainiac son's help!

Quote:
Check out their website. It'll tell you everything you need to know. If it doesn't, call them. They are VERY nice. I had called them once, and they were very helpful.

I ordered one from them and a 12 volt battery (for when we loose power due to storms) but I didn't want to go to expense of solar. I emailed them when it arrived and the battery didn't have a AC to DC charger or a place to plug one in. I asked them 'how do I charge this battery and can I use a regular 12volt charger to charge it and if so, how long should I charge it?' They didn't have any answers for me and said I could return the battery. The return shipping would cost almost what I paid for it.
I when to auto part store and was told to only charge it for 2 hrs. I got small jumper clips and plan to put them on a old cell phone charger plug and see if that works. Has anybody tried that???

Back
Top Bottom