Just joined

J3nn32

Hatching
Sep 25, 2015
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I was told about this website by a friend of mine because I'm trying to do more on my little farm. I like being outside more than in my house. That includes my kiddos. I will be starting chickens next season so I'm preparing this season. So, I'm looking for good ideas for chicken houses or coops with chicken runs.
1f60a.png
so excited.

I haven't gotten chickens yet either,(I will in spring) but I joined to get advice. I have been thinking about buying a cheap shed on Ebay or Craigslist and turning it into a coop instead of buying an expensive coop that is already built. Have fun on BYC!

I'm going over to my friends house to see here's and get an idea. She and her husband built theirs.

You may want to check out the coops section above for ideas, styles, sizes and some reasons for building the way they do. Chickens need draft free secure coops, with ample ventilation, they don't care if it is fancy, painted, recycled, whatever. They just want a safe home. You can also join your state thread (put state name in the search box) to find out how experienced chicken folk get them through the extremes of climate, what breeds do best and so on. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom