1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

just leaned against the kitchen counter with a pocket full of eggs...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LauraG, Dec 10, 2010.

1. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    SPLAT! [​IMG]

What a holy mess in my sweatshirt.

The other day I went to work with one in my coat pocket...

Im developing a bad habit...

Anyone else feel my pain?? [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Been there, done that, many times. I can't seem to remember "eggs in the pocket" [​IMG]

3. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Yesterday I went to help measure a building a couple of hours from where we live and went to check pocket of coat for tape measure and pulled out an egg. The guy with me almost peed his pants...LOL

4. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Oh, the pocket omelet.

It helps if you keep some cheese in there with the eggs. [​IMG]

5. Gold Griffin Chicken Mom

Gold Griffin Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Suffolk, Virginia
    I think mine was slightly worse. I made a promise to myself:

I will never again, under any circumstances, place an egg in my fanny-pack with my Tarus*.

*Tarus, for non-gun folk, is a handgun brand. Mine is a 40 caliber. I never knew my gun had so many crevices for yolk to hide in. My husband laughed at me the whole time I was cleaning. Most people I talk with agree that 40 caliber is overkill for most of the varmits that come after chickens, but we have bears here.

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]
    Yep, I too find pocket eggs! [​IMG]

7. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    We were out cutting down our Christmas tree the other day and DH reached in his pocket for his work gloves and found an egg.... guess I'm busted! I've been wearing his really warm coat to the coop when he's not home [​IMG]

8. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Ever since watching Hannah Montana when the gal put all the eggs in her pocket and then ewwwwwwwwwwwww - I always make a joke to my 4 year old that I'm going to put the eggs in my pocket and she laughs...

but I have been known to put an egg in my pocket if it's only one - until I get it into the house - no pocket omelet yet though

The kid used to put them all in a basket to take them into the house - and by the time we got to the house -t hey were all cracked - until I cut out a section of carton and put it in her basket to keep them cushioned better

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Breaking an egg in your pocket is a right of passage. Everyone does it sooner or later. Now if you do it TWICE that's a different matter!

Every once in a while I'll find an egg the Kinder Major missed. I'll sometimes put it in the breast pocket of my shirt. I've never broken an egg there. Yet.

Like some others I've forgotten about the egg only to discover it later. Once drove all the way to Georgia with a Silkie egg in my shirt pocket.

10. jeannieo

jeannieo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Collinsville, CT
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by