Just like kids

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sinistershelly, Aug 20, 2011.

1. sinistershelly

sinistershelly Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    So I go out to the coop/run today to do some visiting and a bit of cleaning. I gave the gals and guys some snacks and then headed to my nifty lil plastic wal-mart poop scoopin rake(I love that thing). If you guys are as picky as i am about cleaning then you have a certain way you like things done when you clean. When I rake, I do it in sections and go from back of the run/coop to the front in my sections. Well I had about half the run all nice and raked and in a nice neat big pile by the front of the run door and was attempting to get the last half of the run done when I noticed I didn't see any birds around. Then I heard some loud excited chirping going on. I headed towards the front of the coop by the door thinking the birds had found something outside the run bothering them. NOPE!!! They were all, 9 of them, dancing [​IMG] around and scratching and throwing about my nice neat big pile of raked up poop. So of course the whole front half of the run was now all covered in stuff i had to re-do.[​IMG] All I could picture was a child who just ruined their dads/moms nice raked up pile of leaves from the yard. Silly crazy chickens.

My dog, when he was younger, used to do something similar but it was when I was doing laundry. I would be folding blankets and sheets, and when Id be shaking them out to do my first fold, he would run over and lay on it and roll around like a psycho. Ugh, gotta love em.

2. DinosRAwesome

DinosRAwesome Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    Cute. It would be woth it to see that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by