Just locked myself in the coop AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by baldie, Oct 23, 2008.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hello!! Well, I went to ge check on the chickens before it gets dark, and I locked myself in the coop again. We have self latching things on it, I told the hubby this was a bad idea. Usually when I lock myself in the kids or someone is outside, well not today!!! I had to clikmb thru chicken poo out their little door to their pen.(mind you, this door is only 10"x14"! Trust me, it wasnt easy!!! Thankfully I am small or I would've been out there for a long time. YUCK!!!! Has anyone else done this or am I the only stupid one???? We are going to have to fix these latches. Sometimes I think my DH put those hinges on, on purpose just for me. HAHA!!!

2. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Hah we had that on our old coop, but luckly we had a little
    loop on the top, so we put a string of wire in the loop tie it up
    and then threaded in threw the chicken wire of the run so when your done
    inside you can pull the string and it would open the door
    we dont have that anymore, we have a "dog kennel" thats
    chain link now.

3. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I hated to laugh, but it gave me some pretty funny brain pictures [​IMG]
    Yup, you'll have to do some work on those latches...you don't want to get locked in there in the winter

4. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hey good idea!! Thanks. I actually think that will work! I do it all the time, you would think I'd have learned my lesson!! BUT it was the first time no-one was outside!!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i don't have that issue, but my middle child goes through the pop doors all the time and grosses me right out. she's 11 tomorrow, tall and skinny. how she does it, i'll never know.

6. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:You were laughing!!! That's not nice!! Just kidding!! I am actually laughing myself right now. I just can't imagine what the chickens were thinking!! "hey that's our door" or "maybe she really is part chicken" Right!!

7. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:trust me, I didn't want to!! I yelled for at least a half hour, but it is cold out, so all the windows in the house are closed. I really didn't have a choice!! Like I said YUCK!!!!

8. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo!!!! I have a fear that dh won't realize i'm in the coop one night and lock it up. I guess if i don't come in for dinner or bedtime he'd figure it out. There would be no way i'd get my fluffy butt out the chicken door.

I had to chuckle at your mishap but i did feel bad too!!!

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so funny still. oh, i would've been freaking out. i feel bad for you!

10. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Happened to me twice last winter, carry a cell phone on me...neighbors think its funny...fixed my new coops so that doesn't happen, except the goose barn, have to fix that one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by