just look what sossitey has done to people these days......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickenrandomness, May 12, 2010.

1. just look! one of them says, "They look like chickens but ther're MINY!" and one other says with a stren face "there miny!" SHEESH! you'd think people at least have seen a bantam before [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    dang that society.

3. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Not surprising, there are many people that have never seen chickens outside of a fair. If you've never lived outside of a large city your only exposure to life animals is a city zoo. Zoos don't normally have chickens. If you have a pet in the city it is usually a dog, cat, fish, or a small parakeet or parrot. Some might have gerbils, hampsters, snakes or lizards. Chickens?? no, your only exposure to chickens would be either TV or Stop and Shop.

4. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last year at a fair, I overheard a woman say to her husband (about the rhode island red chickens they were looking at) "I thought chickens only came in white!" That one comment convinced me to start talking to people about chickens whenever I got a chance, because that woman's ignorance showed how far removed the average person is from food animals/agriculture.

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Well those girls have seen chickens cause it says "The girls took best in breed for the Bard Rocks at the Karns fair and then sold them all off for a tidy profit."

6. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

It seemed to me that those girls knew about chickens, but that they had never seen bantams because they raised standards. Not everyone who has seen chickens has seen bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by