1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

just looking for some advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OkValleyGirl, Mar 10, 2016.

1. OkValleyGirl

OkValleyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2016
    I recently adopted a chicken I name Shelby...from my landlord he got her at the auction...she is older and she has some big problems with her legs. She can't stand like a normal chicken or walk I just don't have the heart to put her down..she is so beautiful I'm trying to rehabilitate her ..so that she can live a normal chicken life.. here is some pic of her problem..

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    She looks like she has a slipped tendon and crooked toes. Try posting in the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" section.

3. OkValleyGirl

Mar 10, 2016
    Thanks I will try that..

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope you can find some help for Shelby. Do you have other chickens? If so, I hope you're keeping her separated from them because they could really go after her partly because she's new and partly because she's injured.

Good luck!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you already have some good pointers, so I'll just say a big hello!

All the best
    CT

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Good luck with your girl! :fl

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope she can be helped - usually foot problems respond fast to treatment in very young birds.

8. OkValleyGirl

Mar 10, 2016
    Thanks for the advice everyone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by