Just lost my little Lucy calf :( It's been a rough week

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
I have been desperately fighting all week to save a down calf. It's the little heifer in my avatar. She was 6 months old and very sweet. I don't need to tell you how attached you can become in that length of time and it's even worse when you bottle raise them. I lost the fight last night and we laid her to rest this morning under the shade tree in the pasture.
hit.gif

RIP my little Lucy. I loved you while you were mine.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Lucy. What a precious face... I'm sure you're devastated. It's so hard losing an animal friend, especially one so young and one that you fought so hard for.
hugs.gif
Know you gave her lots of love and care, though, and tried your best to save her life. Sometimes that's the best we can do. I'll be hoping the best for you.

Pumpkinpup - Yes, I do know how attached you can become to a bottle calf. I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I have a heifer calf that is a year old now, Eliza Jane. I would be crushed. Sending hugs & good thoughts your way.

hit.gif
hugs.gif
so sorry to hear you lost Lucy, she knew how much you loved her and she is over the Rainbow Bridge now and is happy and healthy waiting for you to join her someday.

Back
Top Bottom