Just made my very first chick order!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NickyPick, Jan 10, 2011.

1. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Yay me! I'm getting 4 "Ameracauna" (EE's) pullets, 3 Buff Orpington pullets, 3 Dark Brahma pullets, 2 Gold laced Wyandotte pullets and 2 Silver laced Wyandotte pullets from Ideal. I get to go to Cameron and pick them up on 2/23. Whew! Gotta get moving on getting that coop built. My folks got me the chick starter kit from MPC for Christmas, so I think I'm set as to a brooder. I can't wait! [​IMG]

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    ooh, chickies! I cant wait to start hatching this spring! [​IMG]

3. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Yeah, I'm getting nervous already. Never had chickens before.

4. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Congrats

I hatched some dec 22 and now I have 6 more in my bator

Ordered from a hatchery for April delivery
    EE
    Bantam brahma
    Bantam barred rock
    Favorelle
    Red star
    One of each

I haven't a clue by spring what do with them all...LOL

So I hear ya

Enjoy I know iam going to do that much

5. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    Yay me! I'm getting 4 "Ameracauna" (EE's) pullets, 3 Buff Orpington pullets, 3 Dark Brahma pullets, 2 Gold laced Wyandotte pullets and 2 Silver laced Wyandotte pullets from Ideal. I get to go to Cameron and pick them up on 2/23. Whew! Gotta get moving on getting that coop built. My folks got me the chick starter kit from MPC for Christmas, so I think I'm set as to a brooder. I can't wait!

Congrats, you will have so much fun! I started 2 years ago with 8 girls - no plans for any more. Then I lost one, lots of tears, hubby said get some more next year, after all, he had built them a nice new roomy house. So last year I got 6 more girls but 1 was a roo and 2 of the original girls had become a bit much. So we rehomed 3 to a friend with lots of room and lots of chickens to keep everyone in line. Now I have 10 hens - and yes - I admit it,[​IMG] I ordered 15 more to be delivered in April. But, I promise - I'm going to give 7 of them to my friend. I will, I will, I will....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by