Just mailed off Holderread and Sand Hill orders!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aineheartsyou, Apr 14, 2011.

1. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    I called Holderreads and talked to Millie to make sure I wasnt wasting my time mailing in my order and she said they shouldnt have a problem filling my order! [​IMG] I am ordering 5 silver welsh harlequins and 5 rare duckling assortments [​IMG] I also mailed in an order to Sand Hill for more welsh harlequins, 2 blue pearl runners, 2 grey runners and 2 buff runners.

I will have a good mix of lines and cant wait to hatch out eggs next year!

2. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    [​IMG]

My Holderread's order is due to ship out next week. I ordered back in January for an April shipment. Saxonies, Indian Runners and Australian Spotteds. Hopefully I will be able to breed my own next year. I love my chickens but ducks are just so cool. And messy. [​IMG]

3. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Cool.[​IMG]
    I hope you have fun with them. I've read alot of good about the welsh harlequins!
    keep us posted on how they do.

4. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:Me too! Mine from Holderread's should ship Monday or Tuesday (hopefully). I ordered 7 Saxonies and 8 Silver Appleyards. I can't wait!

5. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:Me too! Mine from Holderread's should ship Monday or Tuesday (hopefully). I ordered 7 Saxonies and 8 Silver Appleyards. I can't wait!

so excited for you guys! Mine probably wont ship until june but I am a-ok with that because I was my current flock to grow up and go outside before I bring 25 more ducks inside lmao!

6. Widget

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    I hear you. I have three brooders going now. One in the basement and two in the kitchen. So with the ducks there will be three kitchen brooders and I might be getting some turkey poults next Friday just to add more to the chaos. Good thing I am already insane [​IMG]

7. cbreezerentals

cbreezerentals Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Tillamook, OR
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I have 3 week old pullets in a brooder in the garage, 7 new pullets in the living room, 25 broiler chicks coming next week, 3 baby pigs tomorrow, and 8 turkey poults next month. Whew !!! and I really want more ducks but am waiting

8. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

MIne will be here next week too [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    Hopefully mine will be here next week to. I ordered 10 Indian Runners from Holderreads. Mine were due to ship out on the 11th with the 18th and 25th as alternate dates. They weren't shipped on the11th so I hope they will be the 18th. I don't like the uncertainty of shipping dates but I have to wait.

10. Widget

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    Mine arrived today. [​IMG]

I ended up with 6 Saxonys (+ 1 bonus)
    5 Australian Spotteds
    6 Indian Runners (Exhibition Asst.)
    1 Fawn and White
    1 Penciled
    1 Black
    3 White

They are all very active and zooming about the brooder. Within the first 1/2 hour they sucked up the the water and the greens I had for them. And they have only been home for one hour. If they ever settle down I'll try and get some pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by