1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just moving in...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JoyMar, Nov 25, 2013.

1. JoyMar

JoyMar New Egg

Nov 21, 2013
    Rural, Oklahoma
    Hi everyone,
    I am finally moving back out into the country. I've been living in town far too long to suit me. We finally found our house and are painting and fixing as I speak. I am so glad! [​IMG]I can hardly wait to get settled in and call it home. I love chickens and hope to start my brood this spring. I am going to be building my coops and getting ready asap. Growing up, we always had chickens and many other feathered and furry friends. I am looking forward to introducing my girls to the same kind of family. If anybody has any suggestions to get started or helpful hints, they would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to meeting and talking to all of you.

2. bstromgren

bstromgren Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2013
    Welcome back to the country. I too was raised in the country, moved to the city, then back to the country. I'll never make the mistake of moving to the city again. I suggest looking at the stars and listening to the wind in the trees, 2 things which are impossible in town. Load up on seed and chicken catalogs for winter reading. My wife is already planning on what she is going to can and what kinds of jelly she is going to make next year. It's a lot more work living in the country, as I'm sure you already well know, but don't forget to stop and enjoy the stuff that made you come back.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

5. JoyMar

JoyMar New Egg

Nov 21, 2013
    Rural, Oklahoma
    Thanks ya'll! I am so looking forward to seeing the stars at night and not hearing the traffic. It will be so nice to go out on the porch and drink a cup of coffee and not have the neighbors stare. [​IMG]
    I like to get out in the sun and air and work. It makes me feel good to get things accomplished. I love working with the animals and the soil. I have always had a garden, even if it was just little. Now I can really go wild and plant all that I want. I remember the chickens gardening with my dad when I was young. I can hardly wait for spring.

6. JoyMar

JoyMar New Egg

Nov 21, 2013
    Rural, Oklahoma
    Care to share some company names? Sure would like some good catalogs to curl up with while I wait for warmer days.

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  8. JoyMar

JoyMar New Egg

Nov 21, 2013
    Rural, Oklahoma
  9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Congratulations on your new home, and good luck with starting your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by