Just my luck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BigDaddy'sGurl, Dec 15, 2010.

1. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    The last fuzzy butt just exited my incubator yesterday and I have been preparing to put my incubator up until after the first of the year. No more incubating in 2010. My silkie, the only hen I would alter my plans for, has thankfully been molting (I assume since she hasn't laid in a week or two) so I had no potential impulses to derail my plans. Today, however, the very day after my hatch finished, I find that "Nee Nee"(my silkie) laid an egg. Sheesh. Now to talk myself into eating instead of hatching...hard to do when the last chick hatched was hers and is absolutely adorable. Part of me wants to hold onto the egg for a few days just to see if she continues to lay...encourage me otherwise!

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]
    I can only enable to hatch. [​IMG]

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    You are a big help, Boobear, LOL

I guess I will wait and see if she is gonna continue to lay before I decide for sure...I just have a hard time eating an egg that I know is a mere 21 days away from producing the most adorable fuzzy butt known to man...

We named the one silkie/cochin chick that was the last to hatch from this mama: Mother's name is "NeeNee" so we named the little one "LeeLee"

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Can't help you - I just brought in three eggs from my favorite girls and have them marked to go in the 'bator today. Sorry, I vote hatch more chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by