1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just need to vent. I miss my girls sooo much!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by theacw, Feb 21, 2013.

1. theacw

theacw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    MN
    So 2 months ago, I moved away from home 3 hours away. My 3 little girls are still living at my parents in a small town in a decent sized 6x6 coop, 10x10 run while I am living in the big city. I love the city and everything about it but lately I have been soooo homesick for my hens. That is it... just my girls. I think about them constantly and go to bed sick to my stomach because I got so attached to them and I know their lives can end so easily to random health issues.

I feel so bad for them because my parents dont know anything about chickens. They feed them and give them water, but that's it. No one is there to hold them, talk to them or give them love which I am sure they could care less but it is still so hard for me.

There is no way I can move back home because I am so happy here besides the fact that they are not here with me too. I am only 24 so life is so unsure so I wont be buying a house here for me to have the option of locating them here either. I am just so frustrated because my love for my pets is ridiculous and I miss them so easily, I get teary eyed just thinking about them. My parents are nice enough to send me picture mail over the phone for me but it just makes me miss them more.

I wish I could just find someone who is dying to take in chickens near me to house them and I could go take care of them and see them whenever I want.

Anyone have any helpful thoughts, advice, anything?

Aghhh.

2. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I would probably try and move on. I wouldn't want to rehome with anyone else....they could decide to give them away, butcher them, not care for them properly...it could be horrible and there wouldnt be anything you could do because you gave them the chickens. Your life is ahead of you and that is just the way things go. It would be best for you to realize your chickens are fine without you. They are busy being happy and doing chicken things in the only home they know and are very comfortable. Move on with your life and get yourself set up so one day you can purchase a home and have chickens again. Spend time missing your parents instead, as later in life they will be what is really important.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    You might try Craigslist - might luck out and find someone to take your birds if you'd agree to kick in money for food, etc. In big cities there might be petting zoos. Hope you find a happy solution!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by