Just need to vent...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick_In_The_Burbs, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    [​IMG]

Ok. I get that it's turning cold and the days are getting shorter. I get that chickens need to molt. And I get that every chicken is her own bird and doesn't operate on a mechanical principle. But did it all have to smack MY coop at once?!? [​IMG]

I have eight hens. At least 4 are molting and I am only getting one egg every two or three days and that one's cracked every time!!! [​IMG] I swear, I think my Austrolorp gives her eggs a goodbye peck before walking away. Seven of my chickens are suppost to be (and have been) awesome layers! My EEs laid all winter last year and my new arrivals had all started laying a few months ago. I had eggs coming out my ears last month. And now I'm about to have to go to the store and BUY eggs!! [​IMG] It's not FAIR!!!

2. WaterAye

WaterAye Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    I am in a similar situation. Went all the way down to 1 egg in the house. Regretting all the give away eggs and 8 egg pound cakes. I was very insulted when the wife came home with store bought eggs ;-(

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]
    It.s ok, we know how ya feel.

4. jmlorton

jmlorton Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    do you all give any light? i started and it started them laying

5. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    my girls are doing the same thing they are laying in shifts one day 2 or 3 will lay and then next day a few more will lay and maybe once a week all of them will lay and i still have 3 or 4 that have started laying yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by