Just need to vent

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
Well yesterday I put the dogs out as usual let em romp for a bit, well in that time one of my new muscovies decided she would go over to the dog side. needless to say she is no longer with us:( If I wasn't so upset I could have had fresh duck, if Iwould have gone out 5 minutes earlier things probably would have been ok. Needless to say I haven't spoke to Bindy since, I am sure she is the one who did it so now I just have the 3.

Quote:
Is Bindy your dog?

You should direct your anger at yourself not the dog. It wasn't the dogs fault. Dogs have a prey drive, some stronger than others. You learned a lesson that should last a lifetime.

Sorry for the loss of the poor duck.

my dogs get along with my chickens and ducks. In fact the chickens sleep with the dog. LOL we have three dogs a saint bernard, golden retriver, and a chiuaua or however you spell it.

Duckman

Last edited:
Maybe this video could help with your issue?

My dogs both have a high prey drive, so I just make my coop/run dog proof, but that's all I have to do, anything else goes near it and the dogs are after it!

I know dogs have a high prey drive. I am not even sure how the duck got over the fence or under it and why she decided to go there with the dogs. Don't tell me you have never gotten mad at your dogs for doing something dumb. I find it strange how heaven forbid a predator who needs to eat must die if it kills a chicken, duck etc but I can't even get mad at my dog. Hell we had dog party today, something fun I do with the dogs. Enough said. Now my BC won't even look at the chickens, the pbgvs will if they run except daytona she couldn't care less, Bindy is my Cattle dog who always has had a very strong prey drive she is way more dingoish than anything.

Back
Top Bottom