Just one more! What color Ameraucana is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenguysmom, May 2, 2009.

1. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

This guy is from McMurray. He is a beautiful grey color but his feathers are coming in either a very, very dark grey or a light black (not jet or green or anything). I believe he is Ameraucana but what color. Notice the little white feathers that are coming in on the front of his wing....... Does anyone have any pictures of one that looks like this? I would sure appreciate seeing any pictures you have. Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like a blue. I have two of the blue Ameraucanas. Sometimes the early feathers will have some white on them. They molt out.

3. chickenguysmom

Thanks SpeckledHen. It is a very pretty baby. Do you (or anyone) have any pictures. I am just curious to see what s/he will look like in a couple of weeks. It's like Christmas and I am small again and can't stand the wait. I know it's just a couple of more weeks but the suspense is KILLING ME!

4. speckledhen

Sure, here are some pics of what she may look like later:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    yep looks like a Blue..

6. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    wow that is so pretty!

7. chickenguysmom

Oh, WOW! You have a very pretty girl there. Now y'all just keep your fingers crossed that mine is a girl too.

[​IMG](If it's not does anyone need a pretty blue rooster to woo their ladies).

8. speckledhen

I had an Ameraucana rooster once upon a time with my ladies, though he went into someone else's breeding program. Now, I have an older blue Ameraucana (last pic was her as a youngster), her black daughter, a younger blue and a younger splash Ameraucana and a girl I believe was the result of mating a blue wheaten with a salmon (new color a breeder was working on). Except for the youngest blue, they are extremely affectionate. Charlotte and her daughter, Gypsy, want to be held all the time and lay pretty light greenish-blue eggs. They'll tug on your pants leg to be picked up. If I could get a sweet tempered Ameraucana rooster when I lose my main flock rooster some day, I may just go with an Ameraucana boy, I've loved these girls so much.

9. chickenguysmom

Funny you should say that yours were affectionate. This little blue guy that we have named Mr. Buckley is my favorite. He is in with the d'Uccles because he was so sweet. Loves to be held and will sit in my hand and falls asleep. He is so cute.

10. speckledhen

Enjoy!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by