1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Just one of those flipping mornings...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bheila, Dec 3, 2008.

1. bheila

bheila Songster

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    This is how my day was a couple of days ago. Took the kids to school came back in the house to find that someone left the propane on to the kitchen stove. Just glad that I had one of the windows open and that the chicks didn't die. [​IMG] So I finished airing out the house and go outside to dust the chickens. I get all of my gear together and sit down and start dusting. Now my 2 year old starts crying because she slide down the hill and fell in the chicken poop. So I have to stop and go change her. Go back outside and start dusting chickens again. 10 minutes later my 2 year old informs me that she has pooped her pants. [​IMG] Now I feel like I'm never going to get to finish dusting 50 chickens. So I go inside again change her diaper and then decide that I'd better start a load of laundry since I'm in the house. So I take the wet clothes and put them in the dryer. I get the cup for the clothes soap and fill it so that I can start a new load and I THREW IT IN THE DRYER full of soap! [​IMG] What was I thinking? Thank goodness that I had wet clothes in the dryer to catch most of the soap. Anyway's by this time I have to go pick up my 5 year old from the bus stop. We get back home and I turn the van off by the mailbox to check the mail. I get back in the van and it won't start! [​IMG] I roll the van down the rest of the driveway and park it. So now it's back to dusting the chickens since my 5 year old can help catch them. I tell her, when I'm done dusting the chickens just put them in the goat pasture that way we know who I've already dusted. Okay, she says. 5 minutes later I look and she's let about 15 chickens out who hadn't been dusted. I could've just strangled her. By this time I'm just fed up and I want to go crawl in a hole and die. [​IMG] I finally got done dusting all of the chickens and decided that I should go to the feed store before I have to pick up my son before he gets out of school. I get home from the feed store and start unloading feed just to find that the idiots didn't give me chick starter. They gave me all purpose poultry. [​IMG] Here's the ending to my day. I went out to lock the goats in there shed and upon coming back I slid in the mud in my nightgown. It wasn't enough that I was in my nightgown but that my whole nightgown seemed to lift all the way up and that my underwear were completely covered in mud. It looked like I pooped my pants.[​IMG] My husband got a real kick out of it.[​IMG] Needless to say I took a couple of Tylenol PM's an got a good nights sleep. Sorry just needed to vent.

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Well that was quite a day!!!

3. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    well it seems like you had a fun day [​IMG]

It sucks when you kind of forget what you are doing and do the wrong thing.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    oh wow sorry you had such a bad day. When it rains it pours.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I know, it's never funny when it's YOUR day... but that was a funny day.

I'm sorry it was so frustrating to you ....[​IMG]

6. bheila

bheila Songster

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Quote:I know I know it is very funny looking at it now. But trust me that day I didn't know whether to cry or scream. I did both, a few times. Right now of coarse I can just laugh at everything that happened.

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Wow, I remember those times of having toddlers and itty bitty ones, it's amazing I got anything done at all. I think you just have to hang on and make sure everyone just makes it through the next few years alive [​IMG].

I hope today has been better for you.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member 10 Years

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You need a hug and some chocolate! [​IMG]

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG][/img] Sometimes when it seems a day couldn't get any worse, it does.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  10. djackjr

djackjr Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Sorry you had such a bad day. On a good note you got me to snort my cola up my nose, when reading the part about you slipping in the mud. My coworkers rushed in to see if I was all-right. [​IMG] Had to tell them I swallowed wrong or something, good thing I had minimized my screen... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: