Just one photo of our new coop-pics added to my page!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Concordmommy, May 3, 2009.

1. Concordmommy

Concordmommy Songster

Apr 7, 2009
    I'll do more photos later, but just so excited about this!! Still have to paint the henhouse and add more flowers and a bench for "chicken TV watching," but mostly it's done! Also have to get supplies such as feeder, waterer, etc. Chickens will be added later this week!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009

2. willowcol

willowcol Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    great job!

3. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That is Fantastic. [​IMG]

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    WOWZA!!!!!! Im gonna try to find some scrap and make one like that!!! wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ladyhawke1

Ladyhawke1 Songster

I like it! [​IMG]

6. trilyn

trilyn Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Nice job! [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    way too cute!

8. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice coop [​IMG]

9. wundernurse

wundernurse Songster

Jan 26, 2009
    Atlanta
    I built this same coop style. Is it the garden coop?? I love it and wouldn't change a thing. I lined the roost box with vinyl tiles for an easy clean out. I sweep out the shavings and poo every day, spray it with a mild cleaner then add new shavings (just a little). Gets a lot of air circulation and the girls love it (I have 7 pullets). I also made a covered run for them along the back and sides (about 200 sf) so they had more space. The coop area is not quite enough. I also put a flower box on the solid wall on the outside.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009

10. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    AWW this is adorable and a very nice design! I just love the idea of a bench for your Chicken TV Watching! I'll have to remember to add that to my coop area cause I know how much I just love watching them every chance I get! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by