Just one photo of our new coop-pics added to my page!

Concordmommy

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
I'll do more photos later, but just so excited about this!! Still have to paint the henhouse and add more flowers and a bench for "chicken TV watching," but mostly it's done! Also have to get supplies such as feeder, waterer, etc. Chickens will be added later this week!!

IMG00076-20090503-1539.jpg

Last edited:
I built this same coop style. Is it the garden coop?? I love it and wouldn't change a thing. I lined the roost box with vinyl tiles for an easy clean out. I sweep out the shavings and poo every day, spray it with a mild cleaner then add new shavings (just a little). Gets a lot of air circulation and the girls love it (I have 7 pullets). I also made a covered run for them along the back and sides (about 200 sf) so they had more space. The coop area is not quite enough. I also put a flower box on the solid wall on the outside.
21862_img_4360.jpg

Last edited:
AWW this is adorable and a very nice design! I just love the idea of a bench for your Chicken TV Watching! I'll have to remember to add that to my coop area cause I know how much I just love watching them every chance I get!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom