1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just one silkie?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Citychick, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    My daughter got one silkie and another little banty chick with fuzzy feet at the feed store. She wants to use these as 4h chickens. My question is we have a small coop and the rest of the chickens perch when they sleep do I need another silkie for this one to sleep with or willl this one do ok with the other chickens as companions but sleep by itself on the floor? Thanks

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

As long as the perches aren't too high, the silkie will end up pearching with the rest of them. All my silkies sleep on perches, granted, they only have to hop about 2 feet up to get to them.

3. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Thanks, The perches aren't that high, lower than two feet for the bottom one. I think it will work then. My hubby won't have quite such a fit if I don't ahve to get anymore![​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Haha, good luck! Silkies are great! Maybe you should get another one anyways [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by