1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered 25 (+1) chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jarvis, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    [​IMG] cant wait for them to get here !!!!!! [​IMG] i think they ship tm ...?

ordered a random assortment of basicly leftovers lol .. cant wait to see what i get ..
    ( plus one "rare" free chick )

any one have good luck with murray mcmurray ??

2. ailurophile23

ailurophile23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    VA
    My first batch of chicks was from them - I fully expected to lose some of them (what with them being so young and going through the U.S. mail, etc.) but to my surprise, every chick survived! In fact, the 25+1 turned out to be 28. We did get the green gel-like stuff to feed them initially and also made sure to follow the instructions exactly. Of the 13 I kept (rest were rehomed with friends and co-workers once they got to be a few months), all made it to adulthood and show no signs of medical issues. I'd say I've had good luck so far. Hopefully yours will turn out as well!

3. foursons13

foursons13 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Alaska
    I ordered from Mcmurray. They shipped all the way to Alaska in May they are all still alive. They actually sent me two extras. I didn't order the extra gel or vitamins at all and they are all healthy and happy. It s been fun trying to identify them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Love McMurray hatcheries. Never had any problems at all. Beautiful healthy chicks. Never lost one.

5. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    yay !!![​IMG]

6. shepan2

shepan2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    I ordered 25, rcvd 27 and all but one survived and are happy 5 month old hens (my one free rare breed ia very nice rooster...)...I would order from mcmurrays again. Good luck with your peeps!

7. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    I've ordered from them for two years and never had a problem of any magnitude. I did get some black stars that were on the small side for chicks, I called them and they credited me for them. I shiped them all the way to Anchorage, eveery one arrived on this last batch of 75.

Other hatcheries tend to be cheaper for the common birds but McMurray lets you mix and match which is great for them.

8. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    CANT STAND ALL THIS WAITING !!!!!!!!!!! lol ..

hoped theyed be here yesterday ... still aint here today !!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by