1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

just ordered 25 chicks from Meyer !! UPDATE THERE HERE PICS ON POST 16

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by blueseal, Feb 22, 2011.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    getting 25 white leghorn pullets the week of march 7th.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    You will be swimming in eggs come August! [​IMG]

3. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    cant wait . they are egg laying machines. i have 2 right now that are 1and a half and they have layed all winter . they take a day off once in a while but always get 1 egg everyday out of those 2. i sell my eggs have 5 regular customers that buy so i usually sell 15-20 dozen a month. i also just got 10 rhode island red pullets that should start laying in may. they came from mt healthy hatchery. i got them from a farmer they are 15 weeks old. they have curled toes didnt realize until i brought them home. i guess its a genetic or incubation thing.

4. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    leghorns? isnt the white a big predator attractant? and arent they skittish and hard to handle? have been serioously tempted to order some (i am a monk with 18 plus other mouths to provide for egg-wise) BUT the two questions i just pose make me pause...................

and yoiu don't think it is too cold to get themm up to yoiu this timem of year. true, meyer's isn't too far away , but...............

5. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:i have had different white colored chickens the last 5 years running around my pen. havent had predator issues yet. also yes they are skittish as long as you can put up with it they are fine. they lay nice big eggs right thru the dead of winter. i called meyer and asked them if they would make it thru the shipment in the cold. they told me they pack them so they stay warm this time of year. so we will give it a shot.

6. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    blue: thanks. i hope it works out well for you.

7. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Yeah blues right. You will have some nice giant white eggs. [​IMG] Yoohoo!

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

9. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    count down is on my chicks will be here in 4 or 5 days. my order is in process according to Meyer website. [​IMG]

10. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    my chicks should be at post office in morning [​IMG] they shipped yesterday at 4pm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by