Just ordered Chainsaw Mill and Chainsaw "guide."

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FranciscoR, Mar 31, 2015.

1. FranciscoR

FranciscoR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2015
    Independence, Ky
    I didn't feel like building my own (I know, could've saved maybe $75-$100). I have a lot of the stuff needed, but I just wanted something that could be used right out of the box. That being said, I am still very excited. I should be able to start cutting logs this weekend!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pompano73

pompano73 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2012
    Cantonment, Fl
    That is awesome. I have never seen those. Now I need one too.

3. FranciscoR

Mar 28, 2015
    Independence, Ky
    I hadn't either, until i decided to put some trees to good use. I stated in another thread I think, that I've got some trees on my property, and limitless trees on adjoining property. I want to build my own coop (big coop). However, i don't want to spend what would be thousands to have it built (still expensive buying materials myself).

With these, I should be able to cut down NUMEROUS trees on my property, enough to build a massive coop and enclosure. I've got a plan for my property. I want to build my coop to the far left of the barn, on other side of fencing. I then want to build the garden area into stalls for future animals. I think that would look great!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. SHemphill

SHemphill Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2015
    Jacksonville, Tx
    Time consuming especially for space to dry.
    [​IMG]

Old sycamore I had on the place. Made lots of planks.

[​IMG]
    And that's only half of it. It's too crowded now to take a good picture.

5. FranciscoR

Mar 28, 2015
    Independence, Ky

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. SHemphill

SHemphill Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2015
    Jacksonville, Tx
    Very beautiful and rewarding indeed. Plan is for the sycamore 4" slabs gonna plane down to about 3" and use for new kitchen counters the 1-1/2" gonna be planed and milled to make cabinet doors. When it's dry enough to work.

7. FranciscoR

Mar 28, 2015
    Independence, Ky
    I have a feeling once I get the hang of this, I may start to get requests to build this or that from my wife...lol I am installing a fireplace insert (zero-clearance) at some point. I think i could make a hell of a mantel with some cut lumber front backyard.

1 person likes this.
  8. rlscutt

rlscutt New Egg

Sep 17, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by