just ordered from 3 different hatcheries husband doesn't know

johnson215

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
bunnlevel, nc
hide.gif
we recently lost 5 chickens because i was out of town and my husband didn't make it back before it got dark and lock them in their coop. we have a bad fox problem around here! i lost my favorite little bantam rooster and his mate. my favorite easter egger ethel i've had for 3 years. i was so upset!!!
hit.gif
at him: I quess to cope with it i got a little carried away and ordered 57 more!!!
tongue.gif
he is going to kill me i'll teach him

Quote:
Im so sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif
I havnt lost any chickens (as I only have one chick and a few eggs in the bator) but I have lost my fair share of ducks
hit.gif
4 total this year, broke my heart! But thqts why I have the eggs in the bator. Actually as we speak I have a baby chick in my lap
lol.png
what breeds of chicks are you getting?

wow that is alot!! i would have ordered a lesser amount. just saying, or perhaps you have that much space for them? accidents do happen. perhaps your hubby was having one of those days. we all do, from time to time. sorry about your loss of chickens as well.

they are coming at different months and i have a large sunroom to keep them in so i want have to go outside!!! it should be very interesting though..... hope my husband doesnt count them!!
ep.gif

i ordered marans, americanas, black sex link, welsummers, so many i forgot the rest!!!!!
D.gif
i'm in trouble but i am going to take some back to virginia to my parents, dad is building the coop now!!! hopefully they will take about 25:
clap.gif

Only 57?!!!!!
tongue.png
So sorry you lost some of your flock........I thought it was bad the first year, when I lost one of my very first chickens and I replaced her with 4 chicks!

WOW 57!!!! I have 12 chicks that are about one day old in the brooder. That's the most I've ever hatched at once......I thought 12 was alot!!!!!!
wink.png

Good luck and I know you will enjoy them!

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom