1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered from My Pet chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by modenacart, Feb 16, 2008.

1. modenacart

modenacart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    I just order two barred rocks, two black Australorps, and two polish. All hens. Price ended up being 55 dollars, but I think thats not too bad to be able to order such a small number and get what I want. Does anyone have any experience ordering from them? They claim to put a heat source in with the chicks so I hope they do ok.

2. NJfarmer

NJfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    New Jersey and Maine
    I ordered 8 buff orps from them they sent me 9 buff orps cost me about $70. They pack the chicks in hay and there is a little heat pack under the hay

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Let me know how they are when they come in. I want to order form them someday

4. User48

User48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2007
    I had a great experience ordering from them in August. I lost one pullet to my yellow lab (a lesson that won't ever repeat itself), but the other 4 I ordered are thriving. The Dominique turned out to be a barred rock, but she's a cutie anyway, and the RI red, Golden Campine & Phoenix are all very healhty & beautiful. They're also all still buddies - perch together, hang together when free ranging, etc. I think you'll be very happy.

Laura

5. blb

blb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Maryland
    I ordered from them too. They should be coming either this week or next. I'm getting Australorps, rir, Salmon Faverolles and a Silver Laced Wyandottes. 1 of each so should have 4. I can't wait!!!!

6. modenacart

Jan 21, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    How long did it take before you knew when they were going to ship? I put my order in through the website and since its the weekend I guess I won't know anything until Monday. I hope its this week.

7. Settin'_Pretty

Settin'_Pretty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    North Georgia
    That's almost $10 a chick, I'm afraid that would make me want to cry.
    And people here question if $3 a dozen for eggs is reasonable.

8. modenacart

Jan 21, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    I was willing to pay that to get the chickens I wanted. I can't have more than six because I live in a neighborhood. I am not trying to make any money off of them.

9. blb

blb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Maryland
    Me too, modenacart.

I called them and ordered. They said they would call the day it ships, so either this monday or next. That way I can call the po and let them know the chicks are coming and to please call us to come pick them up.

I breed freshwater tropical fish. I ship them all over and it is about the same price for overnight shipping. I use heat packs too. You will be surprised at how warm it can keep them.

10. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:I did the same thing. My four girls are from MPC and they're all wonderful! They're sweet and they're great layers (all four have laid straight through winter). I didn't want 25 or even 15 chickens (not then, anyway!), and it was worth the premium to get exactly what I wanted. For a first-time chicken owner who had no interest in a basement full of day-old chicks, MPC saved the day.

Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by