Just ordered my 1588

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenWendy, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    My husband is going to kill me but i couldnt handle it. I had to have one. I have a homemade breadbox incubator with 5 eggs in them - 3 of my mixes & 2 silkies (coocoo i think?). And then i have 5 polish, 11 silkies, & 2 pekin duck eggs in a rented (from our local homeschool book distributors store) 1588 incubator. and the thought of giving back the rented one on May 9th had me in hives. i'm addicted. i cant wait for these babies to hatch. and the bad thing is i just got 3 free barred rock babies from the feed store. Well it was buy a bag of start and grow from Southern States and get 5 free chicks so i got the barred rocks and gave 2 to my friend. it's really bad. i only have 9 outside in the coop - 7 hens - 2 roosters. my husband is going to freak! but i guess he wont notice will he?? how does everyone else hide all of their chickens???

2. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I tried to run to the mailman to grab the eggs before anyone else in the house sees them. Although it doesn't help when they put "FRAGILE HATCHING EGGS INSIDE", then I get busted. [​IMG]

3. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    I orderd my 1588 saturday [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If you have chickens you need a good bator. Plain and simple. Enjoy yours!

5. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Me too
    Me too

Just ordered 1588 plus auto turner....

Oh my goodness....what am I getting myself into [​IMG]

Susan

6. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    <---sooo jealous, I want one!![​IMG]