1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered my buckeyes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by greenpeeps, Jan 11, 2010.

1. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    I was at the feed store over the weekend and found out that they were only getting 25 of the 100 Buckeye chicks that they ordered. I asked for 4 and they said no problem, even though they weren't taking orders yet. pays to shop at the same place [​IMG]

2. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I agree. That's why I only shop at one feed store here. I pretty much get whatever I ask for no matter what. I like that [​IMG]

Good luck with your Buckeyes! They are next on my "want list". Probably because I am a Buckeye born and raised, so I just feel they should be part of my flock!

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Oh My...have you had Buckeyes before? They are high on my list of chickens to have. I have space for 3 more types or will soon anyway..I am deciding between Buckeyes and Speckled Sussex....can anyone help me out with that decision?

4. Briney Dave

Briney Dave Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Fremont, Ohio
    I just got a commitment from a small breeder for a dozen chicks next month. Its sooner than I want but I really want Buckeyes so that is what I will put up with. I have to get busy now buiding a chick box and the coop. Talk about putting the cart up front LOL

I plan to keep as much of what I buy and do locally that way its quicker and easier to get help if needed plus deals like that.

5. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    D'Angelo N Va. :

Oh My...have you had Buckeyes before? They are high on my list of chickens to have. I have space for 3 more types or will soon anyway..I am deciding between Buckeyes and Speckled Sussex....can anyone help me out with that decision?

Get some of both! That's my motto [​IMG]

6. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Thanks Juliect...I like the way you think.

7. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    CONGRATS! I love buckeys. they remind me of an EE/RIR mix

8. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I want some buckeyes too! They are definitely a chicken in high demand! [​IMG]

9. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I never see chickens at our feedstore. We have a TSC but it is a really small one..seems to have just the basics of everything. Maybe if I go looking in Jacksonville they will have larger ones.

10. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by