Just ordered my chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gilbsmom, Feb 2, 2013.

1. gilbsmom

gilbsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    I am so excited. After MUCH deliberation..I ordered 7. Now comes the hard part...waiting. We have a kids playhouse that is raised a few feet in the air that was on our property when we bought the farm last year. We had talked about tearing it down,but after talking about it we have decided it will be fairly easy to renovate into a chicken coop and run.

2. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    [​IMG]Thats so exciting! What breeds did you decide on? Did you order them from My Pet Chicken (based on # ordered-that was my guess). I ordered 7 from this last summer to add to my flock-all came through great (june) and I took a week off to make sure i was home when they arrived and to have time to spend with them (I live in a rural area).....yes Im certifiably chicken crazy!!! My easter egger from this is the one of the friendliest cute fluff butts ever! and my cochin bantam hen is beautiful!! When do they arrive?

3. gilbsmom

gilbsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    I ordered a Barred Rock, two Red Stars, a buff orp, golden lace wynadotte, Easter Egger, an an Astrolorpe (sp). Yes I ordered from My Pet chicken, glad to hear you had a good experience with them. They don't come until until 5/20. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by