1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered my duckies from Ideal

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mogrl840, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mogrl840

mogrl840 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    So I just placed an order for 3 female ducks since I ended up with 2 males and a very little female on my last pick. I have one crested duck now and I think he is the cutest thing ever. Yes I know of the problems they have but I had to have more. I ordered 1 female crested Pekin, 1 female crested Magpie and 1 female crested Cayuga. Hope they all arrive safe and sound. I have a question though. It says they ship male chicks for warmth? Do they do this often and what are my chances of this happening to my order?

2. IRL

IRL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    I ordered 2 female pekins from ideal and got 6 male buff Orpington warmer chicks.

3. mogrl840

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    thanks. I dont mind getting chicken because I have some already but all males. Thats what I am worried about. I dont have any roosters right now and didnt plan on having any

4. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    i hope you have better luck than i have had with them.

5. mogrl840

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    Quote:please explain

6. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    the first time I ordered 3 snowy mallards and 2 cayugas. received 2 cayugas, 3 snowy mallards DOA and 10+ packing peanuts. Second time I ordered 6 snowy mallards and received 5, 3 DOA and 2 survived. I have given up ordering from them and will be getting hatching eggs for snowy mallards next time.

7. mogrl840

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    sorry for the bad luck with them. Has anyone else had bad problems with them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by