*Just ordered my eggs!* :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp16, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone I just ordered my silkie eggs.

It says my order number is number 499907.....does that mean that many people have to get their eggs before I get mine?!?!? If so theres nooo way Im getting my eggs next week!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Who did you order from and where? Here on BYC? elsewhere?

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    CONGRATULATIONS! I doubt you will have to wait that long. Where did you order from?

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I ordered from Mypetchicken. (which I didnt want to do but my family felt more "comortable" with it....) Do they take a while? I could only find eggs available from them.... [​IMG]

Im soooo paranoid!! I already have the incubator set up (not running yet) they arent even supposed be here until next WEEK!!! [​IMG]

6. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    You will be fine. That is just an order # from a Hatchery. If they said arrival is net week then it will be. Good Luck and let us know how it goes![​IMG]

7. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I believe MPC gets their silkie eggs from Gabbard farms. Did you order specific colors? They will probably come within a week.
    Get that bator up to temp, and running.
    And don't forget to let the eggs rest for at least 12-24 hours so they stabilize.

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:You have to let them stabilize!?! [​IMG] Shows how much I know!!! [​IMG]

Where do I put them while I stabilize them?? [​IMG]

I ordered white ones but I put that I would accept other colors (black, blue etc...) is that bad?? [​IMG]

First time doing this. My first time I did this it was with my 4H and they took care of everything hard.... [​IMG]

9. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:You have to let them stabilize!?! [​IMG] Shows how much I know!!! [​IMG]

Where do I put them while I stabilize them?? [​IMG]

I ordered white ones but I put that I would accept other colors (black, blue etc...) is that bad?? [​IMG]

First time doing this. My first time I did this it was with my 4H and they took care of everything hard.... [​IMG]

Any more help??? [​IMG]

10. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Do you remember the first scene in "Pet Detective"? Most of us swear that's what the post office does to our eggs!
    Hopefully, they won't be too scrambled by the time they get to you.
    You need to put them in a cool, dark place so they rest and all the air bubbles go back to where they belong.
    Just let them rest. There should be a paper in with the eggs telling you what to do.
    And don't expect all of them to hatch, we usually only get about 50% on shipped eggs.
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by