1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered my new incubator!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cupman, Oct 21, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I'm not actually incubating any eggs yet but I still wanted to make the announcement. I purchased the HovaBator 1588 Genesis. I got the automatic turner, quail rails and a few other addons, it totaled $210.53 but it was worth it. Anyone do turkey eggs in this thing? I'm not sure if I'll be hatching any eggs this year but I just wanted to buy it while I had the extra money laying around. A big part of me wants to do turkey eggs in January/February of 2012 and raise them to slaughter, saving a few for pets. Will I need any other kind of addons to do the turkey eggs? I know you need smaller egg holders to do quail, but wasn't sure if the chicken turners would work for turkey eggs too.

edit: the HovaBator 1588 Genesis is actually around 130 bucks, but with automatic turners, addons and shipping it came out to be 210. So shop around, don't think that 210 was a real accurate price for everyone.\\

Also, it says I get a one year hassle free guarantee from incubatorwarehouse.com what does that even mean??

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    51 views and no help!
    try a turkey egg in the turner and tilt it to 45 degrees then a little more to see how it holds [​IMG]

"one year hassle free guarantee " any problems and thay will replace or fix with out any hassle at all [​IMG]

3. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    I have no idea for turkeys, but you will love your Genesis! I have one, it's great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by