Just ordered vitamins & wormer, a few Q's

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
Ok, I just ordered the two things below. I wanted to double check on how to use/dose them.
How much Vitamin do I add to a quart of water? How much to a gallon? Also, how long are the vitamins good for once mixed? How long is the bottle good for after I open it and how do I store it, fridge? How long/often should I add the vitamins?
I have some chickens that are about Serama size up to a small standard. How much should I give them on their skin on the neck? I only have a little 3ml syringe to use. I'm guessing I should also store this in the fridge after I open it until the bottles expiration date? Do I dose once and that's it every 6mo-1yr?

IVOMEC
00ae.png
EPRINEX
00ae.png
, 250 mL
& Vitamin B-12 with Vitamin K, 16 oz

You should be able to get a 1 ml syringe from the feed store, a vet, or even the pharmacy. Pharmacists will also give you a child dosing gadget of some sort. You won't be able to get the dose very accurate with a 3 ml syringe.

Eprinex dosage is 0.5 ml for an adult large fowl and 0.25 ml for a bantam. Use the syringe to get it directly on the skin of the back of the neck, down near the "shoulders."

Can't help you on the vitamins. Not sure why chickens would need those 2 particular vitamins, and you didn't give the dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sick chicken that can't walk and was told to get that vitamin bottle to help.

ddawn-"and you didn't give the dose." Donno what that means

Quote:
If you're wanting to give vitamins, I recommend poultry Nutri Drench. It's loaded with vitamins and minerals. Give 1 drop orally twice a day for 3 days then stop, it can cause diarrhea. Then after the third day you can crush a vitamin B complex tablet into powder and sprinkle it in her food for 7 days. You can buy the nutri drench at a feed store and the vitamin B complex tablets at any pharmacy over the counter. I hope this helps, good luck.

Quote:
Sorry, did not say what I meant at all. I meant you didn't tell how much of each vitamin is in how many ounces or ml's or whatever.

If the crookneck link gives doses for your 2 vitamins, that would be a safe dose for whatever purpose. Do you have a source recommending B12 and vit. K for being unable to walk? Does it give a dose?

Back
Top Bottom