Just ordered

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
Just wondering if anyone else has bought any straight runs of bantams yet or any young birds
I bought 17 PB bantams they r due to arrive Wednesday at the latested they r feathered and I've seen a pic of them and tbh the males sorta show out in it but he promised that most r female and hes a reliable guy

I am expecting 39 chicks this week, 21 of which are straight run. Haven't seen pictures because they're due to hatch tomorrow! 15 are bantams though, and will be my first foray into bantams - EE's, OEGB's, and Mille fleur d'uccles. What are PB bantams? I'm assuming not peanut butter....

I am expecting 39 chicks this week, 21 of which are straight run. Haven't seen pictures because they're due to hatch tomorrow! 15 are bantams though, and will be my first foray into bantams - EE's, OEGB's, and Mille fleur d'uccles. What are PB bantams? I'm assuming not peanut butter....
Pure breed

They r porcelain bramhas mille fleur and a few other types just really tried right now stressing bout getting a place ready for them as it was an impulse buy and I have 100 thousand different things to get done but it will be ok all I need is a cuppa and a digestive and all will be fine :fl:bow:D:th

Oh wow! That makes me feel much better about my initial order of 18 morphing into 39 lol. At least they're small and don't need a lot for the first few days. If need be, you can always start with a small temporary brooder and just paper towels and feed and water (and heat of course). And at least a few digestives, preferably with chocolate!

I have a couple old doors there so I'll prob just cut one in half and use that til I can get a run outside for them in a couple day/weeks depending on how our weather is
But I'll.let u know how I get on with it if u want?
And I ran into some problems we have no wood shavings so I'll have to use hay which hopefully they will fine on
And just set my incubator there aswell due to candle in 2 days

I ordered four assorted bantam silkies as a straight run last year and ended up with two whites and two buffs. Turns out all four were pullets. Only roo in the group was the free chick I agreed to add to my order.

Look who just came
The guy ga e me 11 extra for half price so now there is 28
Breeds r
Bramha
Porcelain
Wyandotte
Exterior leghorn
black leghorn
white leghorn
Mile fleur
And
White wyandotte
I put on the hot plate for them as 11 still need heat but the place I have them stays at 15 degrees Celsius most of the time so prob take them off soon

Turns out they rnt all bantams but I'm not disappointed about that
20190422_130958.jpg

Back
Top Bottom