1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just ordered!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by batchhatchin, Jan 12, 2015.

1. batchhatchin

batchhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2014
    North central Texas
    I've got 25 silver spangled hamburgs 10 white Cochins and 10 phoenix coming!!( wife approved) I'm pretty pumped. I really like the hamburgs. I've got people trying to buy the few I have all the time so I figured it was time to expand where I can sell them. Now all I have to do is buy her a dappled wiener dog:(. I've got a neighbor that is going to take some Cochin chicks I've hatched and raise a flock of them for me so she's kinda on the band wagon with getting more birds and the good lord knows a guy can never have too many.

2. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    [​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    :celebrate

I've ordered some myself this year. 9 Easter Eggers, 6 cuckoo Marans, 6 Chenteclers and 3 Anconas. Now I just have to wait to get them, the worst part :/ :p

4. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Hah! 'Tiz the season for chicken math. I've also been bit by the bug. I'm getting ready to splurge, and I do mean $plurge, on a couple of Cream Legbars, and fill out the order with four Cuckoo Marans.

Yes! Totally pumped![​IMG]

It'll be a long wait, though. Being in snow country, and since they'll be shipped USPS, I need to wait for a May hatch.

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations to you!
    It's always exciting to get new additions!
    Happy chicken keeping to all! :)

6. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    It's wonderful to be able to share the joy with BYCers!

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Ideal called me yesterday, my chicks are being shipped Jan 28th instead of Feb 18th (a week from now)! Good thing I've already got the brooder waiting for them, complete with a 6 chick welcome party who hatched a few days ago in my incubator [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by