Just Pay Shipping - Test Araucana Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Stacykins, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    So technically 'free to a good home' is the correct terminology for this listing. My incubator is full at the moment, so for the cost of shipping (15$ until I can figure out how best to reduce costs), I'll send you 6+ Araucana eggs so you can test their hatchability. Be warned that Araucanas are among the most difficult to hatch, and these are pullet eggs (they started laying late Nov/Early December). So it is kind of a risky gamble. But if you do have a successful hatch, all you need to do is tell the details. Your incubation methods, development info (like how many made it to hatch, didn't develop at all, etc.), and any other relevant information.

I want someone who has experience incubating, at least a few successful incubations under your belt. For the next couple of weeks, I'll be offering these eggs for free testing (if there is interest). I only have four girls, one of whom is currently broody, so that leaves three laying. Eggs will be no older than three days old at time of shipment, though, and will go priority mail. If the post offices plays kickball with the box and eggs are broken, I can send more.

These eggs are a test and free for a reason, since I don't know how they'll do! I am visualizing bullseyes in all eggs that are cracked open to use for cooking, so there is potential! Both boys and all girls are rumpless and tufted, so the lethal gene is a factor, too.

Edit: Accidentally posted this too early. Arg. Still trying to figure out the new classifieds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/Araucanas/ShinyNoah006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/Araucanas/Broody034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/Araucanas/Broody063.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    i cant see the pictures.
    I am intersting in getting some, but i wont have any incubator space until after Feb 4, unless i can set up my new cabinet incubator before then.

3. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Click on 'em, I for some reason the new forum format and the traditional picture [​IMG]

4. reereechickens

reereechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Reidsville, NC
    I would like to try these. I have pretty great hatch rates. I will get my notes out if you want some of my rates info.

Marie
    ?Pm me or I will watch this thread.?

5. Thespoiledchicken

Thespoiledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    I would also LOVE to try these!!! My incubator is going but I have plenty of room [​IMG]
    Please pm me where to send payment to. I can do paypal immediately.

Thanks,
    Trish

6. greenfingers

greenfingers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Wasilla, Alaska
    If you want to try sending some to Alaska, I would love to try these. I hatched out a ton of eggs last year! I'm dying for some fuzzy butts already!!![​IMG]
    Thanks!
    Amy in Alaska

7. indymom

indymom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    north of Indy
    If you are still offering test eggs, I'd love to try some, am happy to receive them later than sooner. I raised 3 batches of chicks from a homemade 'bator last year (recycled printer box). I got up to about 60% hatch rate in this crude set up. So, I know the drill. I have upgraded to a brinsea advance ex to get a more consistant temp and higher humidity for hatching. Just LMK where to send payment and I'm on board! :)
    Ellen

8. 1flowernut

1flowernut New Egg

Nov 22, 2011
    Boone NC
    I would love to try some if you have any left[​IMG] I have hatched 11 Silkies and 14 French Black Copper Marans ,2 Speckled Sussex and 6 Ameracaunas and 1 little Blue Laced Red Wyandotte in the past month. I have two incubators full right now with one of them hatching next week! I have hatching fever really BAD!![​IMG] Just let me know!!

9. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Wow, lots of interest :D! I will be getting back to those who posted and/or PMed first as soon as I can :)

10. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Sent you a PM as well, thanks.

Deb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by