just processed for the first time...

lagpmgdsls

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The first one was the hardest....the killing part anyway.

So I put them in the freezer until I am ready to cook them....I have to disguise them the first time I cook them as my 8 and 10 year old won't try them if they know what they are....you would think I was trying to feed them poisen when I made them try a quail egg.....they liked them.
idunno.gif

Wow congrats! I have read the "how to" but am nowhere near ready to give it a try. Glad to hear that it may not be as bad as I've got it built up in my head!

reminds me of the saying "that first step is a doozie!"

you'll have to update us with your recipe and meal experience- and if your disguising the true identity works on your kids
tongue.png

We just processed our first four pharoahs yesterday....they're on the menu tonight!!!! Don't know yet if I can bring myself to the table.... Will keep you posted... Hubby already talking about getting more chicks.

Peppermint oil (or Altoids/strong gum) will help get that smell out of your nasal cavity.

My 4 year old loves them! He yelled at me for a good 10 minutes before I grabbed a piece and put it in his mouth mid-sentence. He chewed it, and is now obsessed with it. He'll go over to the cages and ask when they'll be fat enough to cook.... which is both creepy and really cute.

Back
Top Bottom