Just put 18 Seramas under 3 broody silkies!!!

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I just set 18 of Frank's serama eggs under the three broody silkies who refused to move even though they had no eggs. So they are very happy now. Can't wait to see how that goes. Figured they know more than me about hatching and will have a better chance that way. I also set my march swap eggs and 7 Faverolle eggs and 2 silkies from jaynie and my bator was already full of button quail and a set of eggs from a private swap. Have more eggs coming in a week or so from Alvin (thanks again). So I am running over with eggs and two incubators going now. This should be an interesting month. Keep me in your thoughts. Oh and don't forget the cheeping bantam barred rocks behind me in the brooder. 6 of them. Man, I have gone off the deep end here. My hubby thinks so anyway. I will have lots of chickens for sale soon, can't keep them all!!!

Marie

clap.gif

Your silkies will be happier now that they know they're gunna have chicks. By the way, for how long have the three silkies been broody?

BE101

Just a few days thank goodness. I came home like thurs or fri and they were all in there. I thought they were just laying at the same time. But now. I had one large nest for them all but I have seperated them so they wont try to roll the eggs back and forth like they have done in the past, fighting over them. I want these serama to hatch. They are small eggs so 6 under each was a great fit. Will keep everyone posted.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom