1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just put Mille Fleur Cochin eggs in the bator. Update on #10

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Camelot Farms, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

My girls are laying regularly now so lets see if the roo has been doing his job....

8 eggs in [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I put some in a couple days ago. We can be hatching buddies. I put in 21 eggs, but some are BBS silkie/showgirls, some are F2s. I didn't mark them because I was going to hatch them myself and I can tell a silkie from a cochin when it hatches, so really don't know WHAT is in my bator, but we can still be hatch buddies.

3. Camelot Farms

I didn't mark them because I was going to hatch them myself and I can tell a silkie from a cochin when it hatches

How do you sit still for 21 days? [​IMG]

Sorry....couldnt resist that one. [​IMG]

Thanks hatch buddy!

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    See now, here's my secret. I pile up hay all around myself and just hunker down really tight and stare into space. I only get up to eat and poop only one time a day. If anyone gives me so much as a glance, I hunch up like Marie LaBeau and say EEEEEEEeeeeeee!!! and lay into anyone that gets too close or tries to put their hand up under my feathers!

There, now you know my secret. Or I could just use the hovabator, yeah, that's the ticket!

5. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    i am SSOOOO jealous.....

i NEED MFC....

soon..... is it February yet???? i will get something in Feb.....

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I'm with you, evonne. Those are some perdy birds!
    Good luck on the hatches!

7. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    lol.. i really am getting something in february... already made half assed arrangements with Lynne... she lives on this side of the country... lol....

i was excited to find someone on the west coast hoping it would be better on shipping since it was closer... well luck has it that if i wait a bit.. which i had to anyway cause of molting... anyway.. i may get a pair depending on $ or i'll get hatching eggs and they will have a much safer journey than the USPS...

*places thread back on track*

have they hatched yet??? huh huh?? have they hatched??

good luck guys.. hope they're all good and all gorgeous

8. Camelot Farms

Quote:This is the 1st thread I checked this morning and I am sooo glad.... I needed to start my day with a laugh. Good thing no one is here to see me laughing out loud. [​IMG]

9. trinacliff

trinacliff Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    New here and ya'll are already cracking me up! haha This forum is great!!

Kristen [​IMG]

10. Camelot Farms

Oh yea! We have MFC fertility!

I think one hen is doing all of the work, lol. So I will be out there doing some fluffy butt trimming.

I am so excited!!!!!

Now....where to put them when they hatch? Every spare space is filled with chicks...ugh...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by