Just put my Silkies in Lockdown HELP!!!! Do I put both PLUGS IN ,I HAVE A" LITTLE GIANT"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BackSwampGirl, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    I NEEDSOME ADVICE,PLEASE I DON~T WANT TO LOOSE THEM.I FILLED BOTH TROUGHS W/WATER.AND THE TEMP IS AT 99.5.AND THERE IS MOISTURE IN THERE.THE OTHER BATCH I THINK WAS TOO DRY.SOME WAS SHRINK WRAPPED AND COULD NOT GET OUT.AND I HAD TOOK 1 OF THE PLUGS OUT,,,PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

2. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas
    I have an LG, I took out one plug, I put in a damp papertowel under the eggs. when it looked dry i stuck a straw through the air hole and used a bulb syringe to put warm water on the paper towel

3. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas
    I also used a humidity monitor thing..sorry my mind is blank, I can not remember the name of them to check my humidity

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    If you can keep the humidity up with one or both plugs out, I think that's best. They need oxygen as well as humidity. I've read on here that you can get a hygrometer (to measure humidity) at Walmart or your local hardware store for not too much money. Too much humidity can be a problem, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by