Just put our 8 week old EE outside and miss the sound

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KickenChicken, Dec 20, 2009.

1. KickenChicken

KickenChicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2009
    Vista Ca
    So here are there replacments

[​IMG]

two Black-stars

2. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Good idea! I also recorded my chickies peeping on my cell phone...for when I have peeper withdrawal symptoms!

3. PaintedPony

PaintedPony Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Awww, I missed my babies when they finally left the house. Someting about kicking them out of the safety of the house to the "big boy" barn is just hard for m & e to do. DS finally made me toss the last batch out at 6 weeks of age. Grantd they had taken over the entire spare bedroom but they are so cute! Now replacing them with a few a broody wanted to sit on. She has five that are doing well. We deicded to drop 45 in the bator and see what we get. This whole chicken thing is addicting.

I never thought of recording their peeps in the phone. I am going to do that right away. I would love that fix when there aren't chickies around.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Cute! I'm not allowed to have my chicks in the house.............husband put his foot down on that one.[​IMG]

5. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Ohhhh...how cute!

You know the sound machines that can imitate rain, thunder, surf, etc?? I think they need to make one with baby chicks...I got so used to hearing the Favs when they were in the bathroom, that I couldn't sleep for two weeks after they moved out to coop, it was too quiet!

6. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I know what you mean. It is hard to put them outside and wish you could just bring them back in. I missed mine and worried all night for a week if they were ok. [​IMG]

I am hoping this spring to get some more!!!

Those almost look like roos. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by