Just put some

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lnm03, Feb 21, 2009.

1. lnm03

lnm03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Eggs in the bater today at 5p.m.!!!! We are so excited!! They are mistry eggs we have 12.....3 are brown eggs the rest are white!!! We got them for free so we wil see what happens!!!! [​IMG]

2. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Remember the first 7 days are very important in turning the eggs every day....hope you are....temp and humidity correct? Good Luck!
    HappyHatch'en

3. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    I have an egg turner so I hope thats all the turning they need?!? My temp is 99.4 - 100.0. I was at 40% on humidity but my kids were helping me add water before we put the eggs in and they spilt water on the digital guage I had and its not working right [​IMG] My manual thermometer that comes with the bator was usuall a degree or two off from my digital so I know my temps are still the same. So I will go get another digital one today. We have had our bator running for a week now and we were pretty stable on our numbers....so, hopefully everything is still ok. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  4. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    OK, my humidity is up to 56% and from what I have read it needs to be 40% right?? Can someone tell me how to get it down to 40?

My temp is right at 100 F.

5. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    You need to get some of the water out of your bator. You can do this quickly by soaking some of it up with a papertowel.

6. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    OK thanks! My hubby is taking some water out now! (I am at work)

Will the humidity spike hurt them?

7. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't think it is a "big" enough spike to hurt them. How long has it been that high?

I know some people on here keep their humidity high for the entire incubation process.

Don't worry! It sounds like you are doing a great job!

8. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    not sure.....I know before we put them in we were at a steady 40% humidity. we added a little water like we have been but my five and two year old was helping and we spilt water on our thermostat it started reading funny things so we took it out and put the eggs in on Saturday and we put the new thermostat in early this morning so maybe since we put them in????

9. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    From all the post I have read here....and remember to each their own...25% low to 55% high humidity levels....55% being at the last 5 days. A big sponge will soak the water faster keeping the door open the least amount of time. And remember no matter how much you want to open the bator up, leave it closed....closed....yes closed.
    How about a pic.....we all like pic's
    BYC Forum....where we all started out being the EGG!
    HappyHatch'en

10. lnm03

Oct 6, 2008
    now we cant get our humidity up?? we were doing well we got it down to 38% then all of a sudden it just started dropping... I just added more water so we will see.....I am going to try to attach 2 pics....In the one you can see were at 100 and only 20% humidity [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by