just ran off from chickenforum of own country hi all happy 2 meet y'all !!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by strangeanimal, Mar 21, 2017.

1. strangeanimal

strangeanimal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2017
    Belgium
    Hello dear chicken (animal-people ) lovers ,
    by now you got one of those lovers extra , I know this title might seem 'huh ??? *** lol ' but it was hell , a simple question never got any other answer but the critique to being to close to a chicken , nobody hughs a chicken and if you did not snuggle them you were the worst kind of chickenfarmer ever . I ran , letterly , if they decide to tear newbies down , newbies are not going to keep on asking questions out of fear and will only try to google and do it themselves , which can end up in very bad or very good results .

at the beginning I had a rough start in raising chickens , i bought 2 rhode island reds ( and you know how a beginner can be perplex stunned by their behaviors ? :) ) , so due their behaviors i wanted to learn how to deal with it , as patiently i already had been for a few months I had 1 hen that was ' crazy ' and extremely violent towards my child and me , she was a very young hen so we did not quite understand the issue when one day she started to act even more crazy and really vicious . Pecking till the hand of my kid was bleeding ! so what do we do ? ofcourse we go try to get some help for her , and ofcourse ourselfes because obviously she is lacking something , there is help needed , so was so enthousiastic once joined that forum yet even when I introduced myself as being a newbie and starting to keep chickens , with words like ' hi glad to meet all of you , i can learn from all of you and hope to enrich all my knowledge here etc ' not even a simple hi back after it was read enough though ...
    I'm actually somewhat ' scared ' to meet folks like that again ( i dont use forums actually) but on topic now after this small explanation

You might notice I'm foreign due my terrible spelling vs grammar in English yet I do speak it almost fluent and I do understand it better than writing it ...

I'm a woman living in Belgium , I have a husband yet he lives not in my country due work / research so i consider myself a stand-alone mum with a great little daughter that shows me how small details are so pretty day by day and keeping an own flock is part of that as we try to respect and love nature as much as possible .

I come here with the same reason I joined another forum I never like to visit again , with respect and I'll be able to learn from all of you and sometimes it might be the other way around . Just here to share doubts , questions , knowledge and PLEASE some smiles and laughters as life is already so short .
    I kindly pass on the sweet regards of my flock which includes a lil girl with blue eyes ;-) (she doesn't lay yet pff patience right ? :) )
    and ofcourse I sign this way too long intro with my own kind regards .
    Thank you all for just letting me read here and learn .

V.

2. chickens r life

chickens r life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    Hi, glad you could join!!! [​IMG]

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to byc.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! There are lots of animal lovers on BYC - chickens mostly but every other conceivable critter as well. Don't worry about anyone tearing newbies down on BYC! We welcome all newcomers and obviously we were all newbies once. This really is a friendly and helpful place. Good luck and thanks for joining!! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under strangeanimal [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here from all over the world, so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Make yourself at home here, it's nice you joined us!

8. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear that you found another forum unfriendly and unhelpful. Hopefully you will find this one quite the opposite. I know it has taught me a massive amount in the few years I have been here and I've made one or two special friends as well which is a lovely bonus. I have to say that I found your introduction (apart from the first couple of paragraphs about the problems you have faced) very charming and I am in awe of your ability to communicate so well in a second language!

Are you still having problems with the RIR's behaviour? Unfortunately they have a bit of a reputation, as a breed, to be feisty and if she is at point of lay, her hormones will make her more erratic.... as women, we can surely sympathise with that [​IMG] Hopefully she will settle down once she gets through this adolescent phase.
    Can you post some photos of your girl with blue eyes. There is a disease called Marek's that can affect the eyes...hopefully it's not that, but just some genetic mutation.

Can I also suggest that you include your location on your profile page. It is helpful to be able to see that information each time you post and your location in the world can be quite relevant sometimes when you are seeking advice or even offering advice. It may also help in this case if people can see that you are from a non English speaking country.... for example if you phrase something oddly and it doesn't come across right....misunderstandings are easy enough when we share the same language, so communicating in a different one lends itself to greater misinterpretation. Knowing that someone is attempting to communicate in a second language, should put more onus on us native English speakers to make every effort to understand them...
    Hope that makes sense [​IMG]

Anyway, very best wishes to you and your little flock,

Barbara

9. strangeanimal

strangeanimal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2017
    Belgium
    I knew this was going to be the best place to find and give info about our backyardchickens and ofcourse glad to see all your replies !!!
    well on every forum , i guess there is sometimes some unhelpfull behavior but the one I came from after joining it few months ago with questions like ' how long do i have to keep that up and how many this etc ' I only got some replies totally of topic about for example a sentence : found a hen on side of the road she is having a broken leg ' all they read was ' a newbie and the animal already has a broken leg , good job ' or just some emoticons like roll eyes etc , so no totally unhelpfull and even at the end so annoying , so it gave me something good instead !
    started googling and ended up with this :D , poor peops over there , they have no idea how helpfull it has been to have been reading on this forum !
    today one of my hens seems better ! just by doing what was written on this forum :D , I'm also going to order some stuff here .

Oh about the blue eyes : that chick is created by my own ;) she is part of the flock just like me :D
    and I'll fill in my complete profile :)) .
    Happy to see many good about this forum and I'm sure it is going to teach me a lot ! love it already .
    Ty all !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by