Just re-homed my last roo!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by UC Student, Jul 25, 2011.

1. UC Student

UC Student Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Davis, Ca
    I started out buying 3 sexed pullets from the feed store and when they said they weren't sure they could get the breed I wanted, I went ahead and ordered d'uccle eggs from 1234muki on ebay. 4 hatched and 3 developed into roo's. As for the 3 pullets, 2 of those turned into roo's. So I ended up with 5 little cockerels and only 2 pullets (1 mille fleur, and 1 bantam BO)! So I went to the feed store and picked up 2 ameraucana pullets that so far still look like pullets and had 9 chicks total. So over the last 2 months or so, thanks to craigslist, I managed to re-home all the boys to what seemed like happy homes where they will have lots of ladies to play with. I'm so grateful it ended this way I just wanted to share with everyone! My last little guy was the hardest to let go but he started attempting at crowing and I didn't want to upset my neighbors. My coop and run are almost finished minus some trim and now I'm awaiting eggs!!!! My oldest is 13 weeks so not much longer.[​IMG]

Now I'm just debating on what I should hatch out next should one of my lovely ladies go broody.... [​IMG]

2. UC Student

UC Student Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Davis, Ca
    I also got some homemade goat soap in exchange for the last roo! I love stuff like that!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by